Installing on macOS¶
The CI system builds the package on macOS Big Sur and should run on systems as "old" as Mojave. It may run on earlier versions of macOS, but that has not been tested.
Starting with version 20210203-095643-70a364eb, WezTerm is a Universal binary with support for both Apple Silicon and Intel hardware.
- Download Release.
- Extract the zipfile and drag the
WezTerm.appbundle to your
- First time around, you may need to right click and select
Opento allow launching the application that you've just downloaded from the internet.
- Subsequently, a simple double-click will launch the UI.
- To use wezterm binary from a terminal emulator, like
wezterm ls-fontsyou'll need to add the location to the wezterm binary folder that exists inside the WezTerm.app, to your environment's $PATH value. For example, to add it to your
~/.zshrcfile, and assuming your WezTerm.app was installed to
- Configuration instructions can be found here
WezTerm is available for brew users:
If you'd like to use a nightly build:
to upgrade to a newer nightly (normal
brew upgrade will not upgrade it!):
WezTerm is also available via MacPorts: