- MySQL and PostgreSQL compatible API
- high performance "unbuffered" query
- fast iterator API
- Call PHP code from within SQL functions
- Implement aggregate SQL functions in PHP code
- Outperforms MySQL and PostgreSQL by 2-3 times the speed for many common operations.
After looking at jBlog and a number of other PHP applications, I realized that they are all trying to do the same things during installation, some more competent than others.
Sooo... why isn't there a tool, like InstallShield or MSI as seen on win32, for packaging and managing the tricky installation and initial configuration of PHP (web) applications?
Well, I'm working on one now :-)
I've finally succumbed to setting up a blog.Considering my already massively busy schedule, only time will tell if this leads anywhere...
I've been lucky enough to have been paid to do some work on the PHP/PECL soap extension over the last couple of days.
I'd like to think that it is a hell of a lot better now than it was when I started - it did segfault when you tried just about anything, and now you can actually use it. Less memory leaks, more fun.
Or something like that.